Buying Terms & Conditions
By agreeing to the terms below, you are entering into a legally binding contract between yourself and Absolute Reg. In purchasing a registration plate from Absolute Reg, you confirm you are agreeing to the terms and conditions below.
Under the consumer contracts regulations act 2014, all rights are lost when agreeing to the terms and conditions, no cancellation or returns can be granted, and the process will begin immediately. However, where possible and valid reason given, Absolute Reg will try their upmost to grant a cancellation or refund (within 7 working days, charges may apply) . If you require any more information or would like to request a cancellation or refund please contact us email@example.com - Please note if an order has been processed Absolute Reg are unable to grant a cancellation.
If a cancellation is granted please allow upto 60 days for any refund to show on the balance of your statement.
- A registration mark cannot be assigned to a vehicle if this makes the vehicle look newer than the actual vehicle age. Please see our vehicle compatibility checker for more information. It is the responsibility of the buyer to understand this condition before purchasing online and over the phone with an advisor.
- All registrations should be displayed in accordance to the Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) regulations 2001.
- All registration marks purchased on Absolute Reg can be assigned to vehicles registered in mainland GB and Northern Ireland.
- Any events to cause delay to the registration process outside of the control of Absolute Reg, (e.g. postal system, email, DVLA), Absolute Reg will be relieved of all liabilities. Please note acrylic number plates are dispatched via Royal Mail 1st class as soon as identification is received, although Royal Mail 1st class usually delivers within 3 working days some deliveries can take up to 7 working days.
- Absolute Reg will attempt to complete all transfers within 7 days, however under some circumstances this cannot be guaranteed. All purchases from Absolute Reg have the possibility to take up to 120 days. Absolute Reg offers registrations available to purchase from various sources. Often where Absolute Reg brokers a registration on behalf of a customer this can cause delays if Absolute Reg do not receive the transfer documents with immediate effect. If Absolute Reg are unable to complete a transfer within 120 days we shall give the option to the customer to opt for a full refund back to the original payment method.
- If you have not received your order within 30 days of your order being placed please inform us immediately. Should you fail to inform us within this time period you would be liable to the duplicate document fee or the price of the components not received. (Duplicate Document Fee - £65 + VAT)
- Standard delivery does not carry proof of postage, if this is going to be requirement for you, we advise that Royal Mail Signed For is selected when processing your order. Absolute Reg cannot be held liable for missing goods by Royal Mail. If you inform us within the 30 day period explained above a claim will be logged with Royal Mail in order to re-send the goods.
- Should Absolute Reg be required to return any documents to the customer, for any reason, Absolute Reg will be relieved of all liabilities. Absolute Reg shall return all documents via Royal Mail 1st Class. Should the customer wish to arrange a collection service for these documents in can be done so with the customer being liable for the full cost of this service.
- Should Absolute Reg refund any transaction please note that you must allow up to 14 working days for the monies paid to be cleared back in to your account. Absolute Reg cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by your bank.
- Should Absolute Reg agree to an exchange of a purchase, the exchange is not confirmed until goods are delivered. Should the number be no longer available once DVLA confirm your exchange Absolute Reg cannot be held liable and the orginal number will be issued. The exchange administration fee would be refunded in full.
- All registrations require to be assigned under the legal registration transfer process before being displayed on a vehicle.
- Although Absolute Reg makes every attempt to ensure the website is kept updated, due to the vast amount of registrations listed within the site, some registrations may not be available or priced incorrectly. In the case of a registration not being available or priced incorrectly, Absolute Reg holds the rights not to honour the registration mark. Absolute Reg may offer a similar registration mark or will be liable to process a full refund via the original payment method.
- Absolute Reg only accepts notification of confirmed and accepted orders once your order has been delivered. Processing of payment or order acknowledgment does not constitue a legal binding contract.
- Absolute Reg sells registrations owned by ourselves, our clients, and unissued government stock. All registrations are subject to availability, DVLA transfer fees, plus VAT where appropriate. Absolute Reg is a recognised DVLA registered reseller of number plates and use of the terms DVLA; DVLA number plates and DVLA Personalised Registrations for the purposes of describing the goods and number plate services offered by Absolute Reg. DVLA is a registered trade mark of the Driver & Vehicle Licensing Agency, Absolute Reg is in no way affiliated to the DVLA or DVLA Personalised Registrations and no other registration dealer is affiliated to Absolute Reg.
- Any registration supplied on a retention certificate will be required to be assigned to a vehicle or the retention period extended before the certificate expiry date. Should neither of the above be done, ownership and all rights to the registration can be lost. In the event Absolute Reg can recover the ownership and rights to the registration mark, an admin fee of £155.00 must be made payable to Absolute Reg in addition to
- the DVLA fee. Please note Absolute Reg does not make any guarantee the ownership and rights can be recovered.
- If the purchaser is to choose Absolute Reg to handle the legal transfer process, the purchaser should be prepared to send in the original requested documentation, (V5 Registration Document). The purchaser is required to send all documents within 3 weeks of the request being made by a member of the aftercare sales team. Please do not send any documents to us before these being requested.
- If the purchaser opts for the ownership documents to be dispatched to themselves it is their full responsibility to assign the registration mark before the expiry date stated on the certificate of entitlement or the retention certificate. Failure to assign the number within the given expiry date will result in all ownership rights lost to the number.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the correct registration mark is being purchased via online and over the phone. When purchasing with a member of the sales team over the phone, the registration mark should be described using the phonetic alphabet to ensure the correct details are being given.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to understand the terms and conditions set out by the DVLA before purchasing a registration mark via online and over the phone, Absolute Reg will accept no liability. Should the incorrect number be processed please let Absolute Reg know within 24 hours of purchasing, the registration number processed will be displayed on your order confirmation email.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the registered name (Nominee Name) is correct at the time of purchase. Should the given name be incorrect and required to be changed or amended an admin fee of £65.00 + VAT will be payable to Absolute Reg to correct the nominee name for the transfer to be successful.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the restrictions of the registration are understood clearly. Absolute Reg LTD are not responsible to check the current registraion on the vehicle.
- Under any circumstances where it is the purchasers decision not to assign a registration purchased and a fully managed transfer service has been selected. Absolute Reg shall not be required to refund any fees paid.
- If you opt for the fully managed transfer you will be required to forward your V5C in order to complete the transfer. Please note the vehicle requires a valid MOT for a period of 28 days as a minimum in order for the transfer process to your vehicle to be completed.
- When Absolute Reg act as an agent in regards to securing a new release registration mark under general release, Absolute Reg does not guarantee a successful purchase until goods have been delivered. Should Absolute Reg not be successful in securing the registration mark selected the commission charged is a non-refundable fee. Absolute Reg have still carried out the work and time in order to attempt to secure the selected registration mark. The base price of the registration mark is refundable and can be seen also on the DVLA website.
- Should Absolute Reg agree to an exchange of a purchase, the exchange is not confirmed until goods are delivered. Should the number be no longer available once DVLA confirm your exchange Absolute Reg cannot be held liable and the original number will be issued. The exchange administration fee would be refunded in full.
- Should Absolute Reg supply acrylic number plates, we offer a standard guarantee of 12 months from the point of purchase.
- Should the customer wish to surrender a registration with the DVLA prior to assigning to a vehicle; please note the process is required to be completed by AbsoluteReg. Absolute Reg charge an administration fee of £55 + VAT for this service, this can be deducted from the DVLA transfer fee when surendered.
- Absolute Reg will match or beat any dealer price where possible. Please note all price match requests must be submitted before an order is placed. Our price promise policy is not valid after an order has been placed.
- While we will make reasonable efforts to match pricing or beat a competitor price there may be some instances where Absolute Reg are unable to do so due to pecuniary loss. Absolute Reg are not permitted to match a price in these circumstances.
- Complaints procedure - Absolute Reg has very high standards, if for some reason you are not happy with a service offered by Absolute Reg and wish to raise a complaint please contact us in writing by post: Customer Services, Absolute Reg, 104 Jail Lane, Biggin Hill, Kent, TN16 3SB. Absolute Reg will aim to respond to all complaints within 7 working days.
- Terms and conditions will be reviewed every month.
- Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes - Calls may be record as an audio recording or voice to text.
- Should a customer request a call recording, the customer will be liable for the full administration costs involved, these are currently calculated to £150 + VAT
- When purchasing over the phone Absolute Reg are understanding the purchaser has read and agreed too all the times and conditions above.
Subscription Payments - Absolute Reg LTD
Absolute Reg LTD offers customers to subscribe to services via a monthly subscription service, the terms below outline the recurring payments for subscription services.
- All subscriptions offered by Absolute Reg LTD are on a monthly recurring basis.
- Subscriptions can be cancelled at any point, please note once a subscription has been cancelled the benefits of the subscription will stop with immediate effect.
- If you wish to cancel any subscription payment please send an email to our customer services team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and address to ensure we can locate your subscription payment without any delays.
- Please note any subscription payments are non-refundable when cancelled.
Terms and Conditions last reviewed March 2021